- BA in Communications from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Naropa University's Authentic Leadership Certificate, a program combining the practitioners and teachers from the Authentic Leadership in Action Institute, the Harvard Business School curriculum and Naropa University's contemplative practice.
- Managing the successful $50 million fundraising campaign and bond approvals for the Valley Floor.
- Working with regional and State water agencies to secure a $445,000 grant for Reach One of the Valley Floor River Restoration.
- Leading efforts as a Telluride Town Council member to acquire land, secure financing, designing and building 46 for-sale affordable housing units and 28 rental units during my four year term.
- Publishing MountainFreak, the internationally distributed cutting edge alternative outside lifestyle magazine.
- Developed relationships and garnered local, regional and national support to bring in over $500,000 to Sheep Mountain Alliance between 2007 and 2015.
- As a member of the Spruce Beetle Epidemic Aspen Decline Management Response I successfully negotiated the inclusion of a science team to guide the ten-year forest health program.
- Creating the Telluride Ecology Commission.
- Working with landowners, business owners, outfitters, elected officials, land managers and community members to create the San Juan Mountains Wilderness Bill, protecting 61,000 acres of public lands in San Miguel, Ouray and San Juan Counties.
- Working with The Wilderness Society and other conservation groups in Washington D.C. to educate decision makers on the benefits of Wilderness and public lands protection.
- Professional snowboarder
- Providing research and an organizational outline for the Telluride Adaptive Ski Program.
- Managing a large Telluride property and staff for 22 years.
- Managing staff and production for Telluride Film Festival, Mountainfilm and various feature film and commercials in the area.
Appointments, Boards and Commissions
- Region 10, a 501c3 nonprofit organization offering public programs in support of communities around Western Colorado, 2000-2003
- San Miguel Watershed Coalition, 2007-2015
- Dolores River Coalition, 2007-2015
- Telluride Historic Architecture Review Commission, 2001-2004
- Telluride Planning and Zoning Commission, 2001-2004
- Telluride Open Space Commission, 2001-2004
- Telluride Ecology Commission, 2002-2004
- President of Atlas Arkology, a 501c3 nonprofit promoting green building, renewable energy and creative solutions, 2006-present